About the Huntington VA Medical Center
The Huntington VAMC is a fully accredited 80-bed acute medical and surgical care facility, offering primary care, outpatient mental health services, and subspecialty outpatient care. VA staffed community based outpatient clinics are located in Charleston, West Virginia, and Prestonsburg, Kentucky. In addition, rural outreach clinics are located in Gallipolis, Ohio and Lenore, West Virginia. This Medical Center is the principal teaching facility for the Marshall University School of Medicine for undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. Learn More About Our Affiliations...
The opening of the Robert C. Byrd Clinical Addition in 1993 expanded surgery, radiology, laboratory, cardiology, nuclear medicine, and rehabilitation medicine services and renovated inpatient care units. The medical center completed a $10 million research facility 1998 that houses state-of-the-art research laboratories and support facilities. Extensive use of community resources, as well as contract community nursing homes for post-hospitalization care, complement our Medical Center's treatment programs.
- Marshall University School of Medicine
Type of Facility
- General Medicine and Surgery
- Intermediate Medicine
- Primary Care
- Nuclear Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine, including Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health Clinic (Outpatient)
- Outpatient Alcohol/Substance Use Disorders
- Infectious Disease
- Research and Development
- Audiology & Speech Therapy
- Cochlear Implant Surgery
- Cardiology, Cardiac Cath Lab and Electrophysiology
- Acute Dialysis
- Surgery, including Bariatric, ENT, Vascular, Thoracic, Urology, Orthopedic, Spinal and Plastic
- Neurology & EMG
- Optometry (including an on site residency program)
- Podiatry (including on site primary and surgical residency programs)
- Clinical Pharmacy (including on site residency program)
- Dental clinic and Oral/Maxillofacial surgery
- Pain Management
- Spinal Cord Injury Primary Care and Support Team
- Visually Impaired Support Team (VIST)
- Blind Rehabilitation Outpatient Services
- Homeless Outreach
- Women's Health
- Telemedicine and Telemental Health
- PTSD Outpatient Clinic
- PET Scanning
- Learn More About Our Healthcare Services...
Need More Information?
For more information about the Huntington VA Medical Center, please visit our website at www.huntington.va.gov.