Veterans experiencing an emotional crisis should contact the Veterans Crisis Line or call 1-800-273-8255 press 1.
Veterans in need of medical advice after normal clinic hours can call TelCare at 1-888-838-7890.
Parent Facility: Syracuse VAMC
Phone: (315) 425-4400 or (800) 792-4334
- Primary Care Services for Veterans in the Greater Binghamton Area in the southern tier of New York State.
- Behavioral Health Care: A behavioral health care team consisting of Social Workers, and Psychiatrists providing individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and medication therapy, for Veterans experiencing personal and emotional problems, including drug and alcohol problems.
- Smoking Cessation: The clinic offers the QuitSmart smoking cessation program an innovative service that combines the best of behavioral and medication treatments in a group format.
- Specialty Services beyond primary care including Optometry, Podiatry and Gastro-intestinal clinics, are currently offered at the Binghamton Clinic. Additional specialty services are available at VA Health Care Upstate New York in Syracuse. If you require more specialized tests, your health care provider will arrange for these services at the Syracuse facility. Some transportation services are available through a cooperative effort of the DAV and the VA Syracuse Shuttle Service.
- Primary Care: Board Certified Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Home Base Primary Care, (HBPC): Veterans may qualify for home services such as medication management, dressing changes, diabetic/cardiac education, blood draws and some injectable medications. Staff consists of RN’s an LPN, Nurse Practitioner and a Social Worker that work collaboratively with Primary Care Providers.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing available at the clinic.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail, and limited supply of certain medications such as antibiotics are available at the clinic.
- Radiology: Chest, abdominal and extremity x-rays available near-by, offsite, with Primary Care Provider referral.
- Parking: Free Parking available, with Handicapped spaces, located near the entrance of the VA Clinic, with additional parking in Lots A, B and C.