The Oklahoma City VAMC consists of a 192-operating bed VHA facility located in Central Oklahoma serving forty-eight Oklahoma Counties and two counties in North Central Texas (Wilbarger and Wichita) with a veteran population of over 225,000. The Oklahoma City VAMC also includes Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Lawton, Ardmore, Stillwater, Altus, Ada, Enid, Blackwell, Oklahoma and Wichita Falls, Texas. The Oklahoma City VAMC also has an annex clinic in north Oklahoma City.
The Oklahoma City VAMC is a tertiary care facility, classified as a Clinical Referral Level III facility (VA complexity level rating of 1b). The Oklahoma City VAMC is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care. The Oklahoma City VAMC is a part of VA Network 16, which includes facilities in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Specialized Programs: The Oklahoma City VA Medical Center has specialized programs including Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM), Reaching Out to Educate and Assist Health Care Families (REACH), Homeless Program / Compensated Work Therapy, regional referral center for Open-Heart surgery, Telehealth Care Coordination, Center for Alzheimer and Neurodegenerative Diseases (Cando), Animal Assisted Therapy and a High Risk Foot Program.
Mission, Vision, and Values
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s veterans.
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in healthcare and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based. This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement. It will emphasize prevention and population helath and contribute to the nation's well being through education, research, and service in National emergencies.
· Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
· Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
· Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
· Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
· Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.